This information is part of the .
The computer science major consists of 8 courses, starting with COSC 102.Â Foundational and elective courses at the 200-level prepare students for electives at the 300- and 400-levels.Â The requirements for the major are as follows:
- COSC 101Â -Â Introduction for Computing I and COSC 101LÂ or equivalent experience (usually completed in the first year)
- COSC 102Â -Â Introduction for Computing II and COSC 102LÂ
- COSC 202Â -Â Data Structures and Algorithms andÂ COSC 202LÂ
- COSC 208Â -Â Introduction to Computer Systems andÂ COSC 208LÂ
- COSC 290Â -Â Discrete Structures and COSC 290LÂ
- Four COSC courses at the 200, 300 or 400 levelÂ
A minimum GPA of 2.00 in the COSC courses chosen to meet the major requirements is necessary to satisfy the major.
Honors and High Honors
Students interested in pursuing honors can find the additional requirements on the Computer ScienceÂ department page.
Computer Science Department
For more information about the department, including Faculty,Â transfer credit, awards, etc.,Â please visit theÂ Computer Science departmentÌý³¦²¹³Ù²¹±ô´Ç²µÌý±è²¹²µ±ð.